BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a massive planning problem in the Palm Beach County School District. While School Board members Wednesday night embraced an incredibly detailed plan for restarting school sports, created by the district’s Athletic Manager Valerie Miyares and her team, there continues to be an unprecedented void of information being shared with parents about COVID-19 plans at the school level.
The plan for an elementary school looks much different than the plan at a high school, but so far, most principals have not shared any plan with parents.
In person education begins September 21st.
We are asking our readers to share the information — or lack of information — being provided by principals or other school leaders about specific school plans. How are classrooms in your school being configured? What’s the lunch plan? What have principals told you about notifying the school when a child or teacher inevitably tests positive for COVID-19? If you have heard nothing, we’d like to know.
Please use the form below. BocaNewsNow.com does not need to publish your name, but would like the ability to reach out if we have follow-up questions.
Note: while principals are the conduit of information, they are not to blame for questionable or non-existent plans at this point.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again
- Palm Beach Schools: Constant Hand Washing, Masking, When Is Learning Time?