BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District Athletic Manager Valerie Miyares and her team may find themselves running the entire school district if reaction to the “reopening school sports” presentation is any indication. While Palm Beach County School Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy and his team falter on creating a workable academic plan, Miyares stunned and wowed the school board with a nearly 60 page plan on getting kids back onto the fields and courts.
The plan delved into the minutiae of the minutiae. Several board members — as Fennoy watched on virtually — made comments about the depth and breadth of the presentation. Board Member Debra Robinson, MD., said it’s the type of presentation she’s waiting on from administrators. Other board members concurred.
While the working plan contains missteps — including all Palm Beach County football games taking place in the affluent areas of Boca Raton, Jupiter and Wellington — the report is deep and thoughtful. The football game location, according Miyares, is based on which schools have astroturf that can handle the impact of multiple games a day. It was not lost on the Board that the affluent communities are the communities with astroturf football fields. Several board members expressed concern over the optics, and challenges, in requiring those from lesser affluent parts of Palm Beach County to travel to Boca, Jupiter or Wellington to take part in a football game.
The entire plan is below.Board-Workshop-Re-Engagement-of-Athletics-and-Extracurricular-Activities-SEP-2020-1
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint