BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to the BocaNewsNow.com reader who sent this in after a trip to a Boca Raton area Costco, there continues to be a subsection of the general public that believes wearing a mask over just your mouth is fine. It’s not. Let’s discuss.
Wearing a facial covering over your mouth but not your nose is like only covering a container of milk with a piece of tape — on half of the spout — then turning it upside down.
If you want to sound like a 5 year old, it’s like a submarine with screen doors.
If you don’t want the five year old in the first place, it’s like — to paraphrase Dr. Alina Alonso of the Florida Dept. of Health — wearing birth control incorrectly.
The end result is the same in each case. You may end up with something you’re not expecting. In the case of a facial covering, you may end up giving someone something they’re not expecting.
The Palm Beach County executive order requiring facial coverings mandates both mouth and nose are covered. Fines can hit $100. Businesses permitting people to wear facial coverings incorrectly could face a fine up to $15,000.
And yes, we are sure that you can buy facial coverings that look like the fatigues the women above are examining.
We remind our readers: there’s no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be seen here? Don’t be rude here! (And wear your facial covering!) Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com. We are still accepting “Boca Rudeton™ submissions during the pandemic).
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton