BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to the BocaNewsNow.com reader who sent this in after a trip to a Boca Raton area Costco, there continues to be a subsection of the general public that believes wearing a mask over just your mouth is fine. It’s not. Let’s discuss.
Wearing a facial covering over your mouth but not your nose is like only covering a container of milk with a piece of tape — on half of the spout — then turning it upside down.
If you want to sound like a 5 year old, it’s like a submarine with screen doors.
If you don’t want the five year old in the first place, it’s like — to paraphrase Dr. Alina Alonso of the Florida Dept. of Health — wearing birth control incorrectly.
The end result is the same in each case. You may end up with something you’re not expecting. In the case of a facial covering, you may end up giving someone something they’re not expecting.
The Palm Beach County executive order requiring facial coverings mandates both mouth and nose are covered. Fines can hit $100. Businesses permitting people to wear facial coverings incorrectly could face a fine up to $15,000.
And yes, we are sure that you can buy facial coverings that look like the fatigues the women above are examining.
We remind our readers: there’s no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be seen here? Don’t be rude here! (And wear your facial covering!) Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com. We are still accepting “Boca Rudeton™ submissions during the pandemic).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”