BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With thanks to the BocaNewsNow.com reader who sent this in after a trip to a Boca Raton area Costco, there continues to be a subsection of the general public that believes wearing a mask over just your mouth is fine. It’s not. Let’s discuss.
Wearing a facial covering over your mouth but not your nose is like only covering a container of milk with a piece of tape — on half of the spout — then turning it upside down.
If you want to sound like a 5 year old, it’s like a submarine with screen doors.
If you don’t want the five year old in the first place, it’s like — to paraphrase Dr. Alina Alonso of the Florida Dept. of Health — wearing birth control incorrectly.
The end result is the same in each case. You may end up with something you’re not expecting. In the case of a facial covering, you may end up giving someone something they’re not expecting.
The Palm Beach County executive order requiring facial coverings mandates both mouth and nose are covered. Fines can hit $100. Businesses permitting people to wear facial coverings incorrectly could face a fine up to $15,000.
And yes, we are sure that you can buy facial coverings that look like the fatigues the women above are examining.
We remind our readers: there’s no expectation of privacy in a public place. Don’t want to be seen here? Don’t be rude here! (And wear your facial covering!) Email news (at) bocanewsnow.com. We are still accepting “Boca Rudeton™ submissions during the pandemic).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash