COPS: Man Claimed To Be His Brother
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sarasota resident Christopher Krase was jailed briefly Thursday after Boca Raton Police say he lied about his identity while committing two motor vehicle violations.
According to records provided by the Palm Beach County jail, Krase is charged with operating a motor vehicle without a valid license, attaching a license plate to a vehicle that isn’t assigned to that vehicle, and “fraud” for providing false identification to a law enforcement officer.
The affidavit of probable cause was still being processed early Friday morning.
(UPDATE: We have read the report, here is the Officer’s narrative)
“I was traveling north on Congress Avenue when I observed a black Volvo. The tag came back unassigned and expired on June 11, 2020. I then conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and it came to a stop on Park of Commerce Blvd., just east of Congress Avenue.”
The report continues:
“Upon making contact with the w/m driver, he identified himself as ‘Fredrick John Krase’ and claimed his license was out of Ohio but did not have it with him. The subject provided all personal information related to that name. I then ran the subject’s personal information through BRPD dispatch to locate drivers license information for him. BRPD dispatch was able to locate his Ohio DL information and sent it to me. I then rant it and observed the photo for the subject, which did not look like the subject I was with. I then went back and spoke with the subjected who affirmed that he was Frederick Krase and provided me with the information for that subject again.”
“The subject stated he lived at the address he provided for me for 20 years, but gave me the wrong zip code. I then told him that the information he gave me was incorrect and I asked for a BRPD unit with a fingerprint scanner. At that time the subject that the information he gave me was for his brother and his name was Christopher Krase, He stated that he lied to me because he did not have a drivers license.”
Krase, of the 1700 block of Stickney Point Drive in Sarasota, was booked into jail just before 2 a.m. on Thursday. He was released on his own recognizance several hours later.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive