One Violation Is Using Sanitizer That’s Too Strong.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation inspected the food service departments at Polo Club the day after BocaNewsNow.com ran several photos of workers not wearing masks. The photos were taken after the Palm Beach County executive order requiring mask use went into effect. The photos were not taken by a “disgruntled former employee” as some have claimed.
Security at Polo Club alerted that health inspectors were on property shortly after they cleared the gates Friday morning.
While no restaurant was cited Friday for significant issues, Polo Club did receive what’s known as a “high priority violation” for — of all things — using too much sanitizer. Here’s the official language:
“High Priority – Wiping cloth sanitizer solution exceeds the maximum concentration allowed. At production kitchen, sanitizer 400+ ppm quaternary. Solution corrected to 200ppm quaternary. **Corrected On-Site**
The “Terrace Patio” was also cited for an ice issue.
“Intermediate – Ice chute soiled/build up of mold-like substance/slime. In production kitchen.”
We note there were no mask violations recorded by DBPR during their visit, but we also note that we have learned management strictly reinforced masking policies and procedures Friday following our reporting, and before inspectors arrived.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges