One Violation Is Using Sanitizer That’s Too Strong.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation inspected the food service departments at Polo Club the day after BocaNewsNow.com ran several photos of workers not wearing masks. The photos were taken after the Palm Beach County executive order requiring mask use went into effect. The photos were not taken by a “disgruntled former employee” as some have claimed.
Security at Polo Club alerted that health inspectors were on property shortly after they cleared the gates Friday morning.
While no restaurant was cited Friday for significant issues, Polo Club did receive what’s known as a “high priority violation” for — of all things — using too much sanitizer. Here’s the official language:
“High Priority – Wiping cloth sanitizer solution exceeds the maximum concentration allowed. At production kitchen, sanitizer 400+ ppm quaternary. Solution corrected to 200ppm quaternary. **Corrected On-Site**
The “Terrace Patio” was also cited for an ice issue.
“Intermediate – Ice chute soiled/build up of mold-like substance/slime. In production kitchen.”
We note there were no mask violations recorded by DBPR during their visit, but we also note that we have learned management strictly reinforced masking policies and procedures Friday following our reporting, and before inspectors arrived.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Multi-Vehicle Crash At Yamato and Lyons In Boca Raton, Overturned Car
- Boca Raton Trainer Arrested, Charged With DUI After Crash
- Did Boca Raton Woman Really Double Park So She Could Run Into CycleBar?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Watching Developing System East Of Florida, It’s Growing
- Delray Beach Optometrist, Allegedly Driving On BMW Rim, Charged With DUI
- Feeding South Florida’s 5K Set For This Weekend In Palm Beach County
- Cops Nab Car Thief Ring At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Watch It
- Shooting In Boca West Country Club Leaves Man Dead