BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boca-area dance community is outraged by the apparent actions of Stars Dance Studio which operates in Boca Raton and Miami. The studio, according to those familiar with the situation, held a huge party this weekend in Boca Raton where masks were not required.
This is a violation of Palm Beach County executive order.
A woman claiming to be an owner of Stars Dance Studio hung up on BocaNewsNow.com when called Sunday afternoon for comment.
Instagram videos and photos provided to BocaNewsNow.com, and later verified as remaining online, seem to depict a large party without masks — all captioned as “23 hours ago.” In a video above, a man is seen entering a party with a mask, but promptly removes it in the close proximity of several other people as children cheer. Several photos show the same man posing with what appears to be young, unrelated children. No one is wearing a facial covering.
BocaNewsNow.com reached out to dance teachers across the region — all of whom say that they are aware of Stars running classes without masks. BocaNewsNow.com has not independently confirmed the claim. The owner refused to answer questions.
Other dance studio owners and employees say it’s frustrating to lose business as they work to comply with COVID-19 rules, only to watch Stars Dance Studio allegedly disregarding local orders in effect. They also point to the safety of the children.
There are no complaints — as of Sunday afternoon — against Stars Dance Studio on the Palm Beach County COVID Education and Compliance dashboard, but we are told that complaints were filed with the City of Boca Raton and Palm Beach County.
We’ll update this story if Stars Dance Studio reconsiders hanging up on us and opts to respond with a statement.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?