BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police responded to a mass gathering involving hundreds of vehicles converging near Mizner Park for what was supposed to be a small car show Sunday morning. The event was unauthorized and eventually shut down by police.
Albert Aletto, an owner of a nearby pizza restaurant that was sponsoring the event, said this was supposed to be just a few cars.
“It was supposed to be a small car event on private property, but then social media took over,” said Aletto. “I didn’t know you needed a permit for an event on private property.”
Aletto says the police report, which you can read below, is wrong. He says Aletto Brothers Jewelers, which his family owns, had nothing to do with the show.
Boca Raton Police referred questions about potential executive order violations and COVID-19 issues at the event to City of Boca Raton Code Enforcement. A Boca Raton Code Enforcement representative initially attempted to send our request for information to a Boca Raton city spokesperson, but ultimately transferred to the voicemail of the City’s senior code enforcement officer. That person has not yet responded to our request for information.
But Chrissy Gibson, the City of Boca Raton spokesperson, said the city’s policy is to have police mitigate a crowd issue, then forward information about the incident to Code Enforcement which then forwards the information to Palm Beach County’s COVID Education and Compliance Team. Whether any of these departments follow up remains to be seen.
Here is the police report provided by Boca Raton Police. We will update when and if we receive word code enforcement.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students