Pelican Was Tangled In Fishing Line On Lake Boca, Freed By 4Ocean
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a story developing mid-day Monday, a pelican trapped in fishing line on Lake Boca Raton has been freed.
The pelican, according to eyewitnesses, was stuck on fishing line near Lake House South which is on Lake Boca.
Eyewitnesses tell BocaNewsNow.com that trash collectors from 4Ocean were on the scene and rushed into action. They worked carefully and diligently to free the pelican.
“Today I received a message that a pelican was tapped under one of our docks,” said Lake House Dockmaster Doug Rothkopf.
“The building manager had already called Florida Fish and Wildlife at its emergency rescue number we keep on file and I went down to the dock to await their arrival and see if I could be of assistance. I saw the pelican struggling and looking exhausted with monofilament fishing line caught up around its neck and leg. 4 Ocean trash collectors who have a contract with the City were coming down the channel and I hailed them. The two person crew was fantastic and gentle to the animal.”
The pelican was repatriated to the wild a short time after the 4 Ocean crew rushed into action.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?