DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The human remains found near Saturnia Isles and Seven Bridges in West Delray Beach last week have been identified as Douglas Friend of Boca Raton.
Friend, 54, was found after deputies responded to a report of remains on the side of US 441.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division as well as the Medical Examiner’s office continue to investigate the death.
This is a developing story. BocaNewsNow.com will continue to update as we receive more information from police and related sources.
Here is the original missing person report from Boca Raton Police:
Boca Raton Police are looking for 54-year-old Douglas Friend, who was last seen at his residence along the 3000 block of NW 25th Terrace in Boca Raton on August 1, 2020. The vehicle he was last known to be driving, a 2009 silver Lexus 300 with a New Jersey license plate, was found abandoned on Yamato Road in West Boca Raton on August 11, 2020. Friend is described as a white male, 6’0”, 175 pounds with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. He has a tattoo of a marlin fish on the back of his right shoulder. If you have any information relevant to this case, please contact Detective Carl Desir at 561-620-6152 or Boca Raton Police at 561-368-6201.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County