DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The human remains found near Saturnia Isles and Seven Bridges in West Delray Beach last week have been identified as Douglas Friend of Boca Raton.
Friend, 54, was found after deputies responded to a report of remains on the side of US 441.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division as well as the Medical Examiner’s office continue to investigate the death.
This is a developing story. BocaNewsNow.com will continue to update as we receive more information from police and related sources.
Here is the original missing person report from Boca Raton Police:
Boca Raton Police are looking for 54-year-old Douglas Friend, who was last seen at his residence along the 3000 block of NW 25th Terrace in Boca Raton on August 1, 2020. The vehicle he was last known to be driving, a 2009 silver Lexus 300 with a New Jersey license plate, was found abandoned on Yamato Road in West Boca Raton on August 11, 2020. Friend is described as a white male, 6’0”, 175 pounds with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. He has a tattoo of a marlin fish on the back of his right shoulder. If you have any information relevant to this case, please contact Detective Carl Desir at 561-620-6152 or Boca Raton Police at 561-368-6201.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees