BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count is on the rise again in Palm Beach County. After a few days of very few or no deaths, the Florida Department of Health says Palm Beach County logged 18 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday though 11:59 p.m. with 163 new COVID-19 cases.
Statewide, the numbers are also not good. 152 new COVID-19 deaths were logged in Florida on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,340 new COVID-19 infections.
The totals: Florida has recorded 671,201 COVID-19 infections with 12,939 deaths. Palm Beach County has recorded 44,459 infections with 1,234 deaths. It is likely Florida will hit the 13,000 mark today or Thursday.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County, just days before schools open for in-person learning, is holding at 13.9 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children