BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 death count is on the rise again in Palm Beach County. After a few days of very few or no deaths, the Florida Department of Health says Palm Beach County logged 18 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday though 11:59 p.m. with 163 new COVID-19 cases.
Statewide, the numbers are also not good. 152 new COVID-19 deaths were logged in Florida on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,340 new COVID-19 infections.
The totals: Florida has recorded 671,201 COVID-19 infections with 12,939 deaths. Palm Beach County has recorded 44,459 infections with 1,234 deaths. It is likely Florida will hit the 13,000 mark today or Thursday.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County, just days before schools open for in-person learning, is holding at 13.9 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach