BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University, continuing its efforts for COVID-19 data transparency, reports that a total of 107 students and 2 employees have tested positive for the virus as of early Wednesday morning. The “active” case count is lower — 61 students and no employees.
While FAU is operating at only a fraction of its normal operating capacity, the numbers are a good news, bad news story.
The bad news: 107 students have tested positive while only a fraction of the student body is present.
The good news: FAU isn’t hiding reality. The COVID-19 numbers are updated every 30 minutes on the Florida Atlantic University website which also provides students and faculty with actionable information to get tested and stay safe.
Use this link to view FAU’s realtime data for COVID-19 on campus.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops