BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — By most accounts, schools are not ready to reopen on Monday. Teachers say it. Administrators say it. Even school board members say it. A recent round of positive spin isn’t enough to counter these realities: there is a lack of sanitization supplies, there is a lack of PPE, many students will be placed in “overflow” rooms where they will continue “distance learning” in a school building, all while having to wear a mask all day and stay far away from their friends.
So who are the parents sending their kids into this situation that some are equating to throwing your kids into shark infested waters, hoping they’ll be just fine.
The latest statistical information suggests roughly half of the school district’s 180,000 students have indicated they’ll return on Monday, which means roughly half will continue with online learning. Aside from those in urgent situations, such as the children of front line medical workers or first responders, why are parents sending their kids into this situation?
Are you sending your kids? Are you not sending your kids? We want to know why. If children are not allowed to play with each other, must keep masks on during social-distanced recess, and don’t have the supplies they need in school to be safe, how is it better than learning from home? Conversely, if it’s all the same, why not send your kids to school?
Let u s know what you are thinking and why. Please use the form below. As always, we won’t publish your name. We’re interested in your thought.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control