BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — By most accounts, schools are not ready to reopen on Monday. Teachers say it. Administrators say it. Even school board members say it. A recent round of positive spin isn’t enough to counter these realities: there is a lack of sanitization supplies, there is a lack of PPE, many students will be placed in “overflow” rooms where they will continue “distance learning” in a school building, all while having to wear a mask all day and stay far away from their friends.
So who are the parents sending their kids into this situation that some are equating to throwing your kids into shark infested waters, hoping they’ll be just fine.
The latest statistical information suggests roughly half of the school district’s 180,000 students have indicated they’ll return on Monday, which means roughly half will continue with online learning. Aside from those in urgent situations, such as the children of front line medical workers or first responders, why are parents sending their kids into this situation?
Are you sending your kids? Are you not sending your kids? We want to know why. If children are not allowed to play with each other, must keep masks on during social-distanced recess, and don’t have the supplies they need in school to be safe, how is it better than learning from home? Conversely, if it’s all the same, why not send your kids to school?
Let u s know what you are thinking and why. Please use the form below. As always, we won’t publish your name. We’re interested in your thought.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday