BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports Saturday that the Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity rate is 13.9 percent just two days before the Palm Beach County School District is set to reopen doors for “in person” learning.
The number hasn’t moved much over the past several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics has called for a positivity rate consistently in the 3 to 5 percent range before kids are brought back to school.
The Florida Dept. of Health defines “pediatric” as 18 and younger.
Overall, the Florida infection count continues to rise and the death count is not decreasing. Statewide, Florida reports 3,603 new COVID-19 cases logged Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 62 new COVID-19 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 247 people tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday through 11:59 p.m., there were 5 new deaths. The new positive count is the highest in the past two weeks.
There are now 45,156 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,277 deaths. Statewide, 681,233 people have tested positive. 13,287 people have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach