BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports Saturday that the Palm Beach County Pediatric Positivity rate is 13.9 percent just two days before the Palm Beach County School District is set to reopen doors for “in person” learning.
The number hasn’t moved much over the past several weeks. The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics has called for a positivity rate consistently in the 3 to 5 percent range before kids are brought back to school.
The Florida Dept. of Health defines “pediatric” as 18 and younger.
Overall, the Florida infection count continues to rise and the death count is not decreasing. Statewide, Florida reports 3,603 new COVID-19 cases logged Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 62 new COVID-19 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 247 people tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday through 11:59 p.m., there were 5 new deaths. The new positive count is the highest in the past two weeks.
There are now 45,156 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,277 deaths. Statewide, 681,233 people have tested positive. 13,287 people have died.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS