BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Numbers just released by the Palm Beach County School District reveal that roughly 54,000 students returned for “in person” learning Monday while 107,000 remained home for “distance learning.”
The numbers are similar, but not identical, to what the school district expected.
“We estimate up to 54,000 students attended physical school today through district run schools,” said Spokeswoman Claudia Shea to BocaNewsNow.com. “That’s roughly 90 percent of the just over 60,000 that we expected. Distance learning saw up to 107,000 students present and 3,000 students absent.”
The official numbers are a work in progress. The school district’s IT department has to reconcile attendance taken by teachers with “logins” on the school district’s computer system.
At one point, the Palm Beach County School District expected a near 50/50 split. But it is apparent that the majority of families in Palm Beach County opted to keep their kids home as reports of problems and lack of preparedness continued.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record