BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District just launched its COVID-19 dashboard to report infections in students and teachers. The dashboard is similar to those being used in other large Florida counties, including Hillsborough which is almost identical in size based on student population.
The dashboard, as of 6 p.m. Monday, reveals 19 Palm Beach County School District employees have tested positive for COVID-19. No students have reported positive tests at this point, but in-person education only started hours before the dashboard was finalized.
A COVID-19 dashboard wasn’t a sure thing in Palm Beach County as Deputy Superintendent Keith Oswald suggested that releasing COVID-19 information would violate HIPAA — a blatant mistruth. There was significant pushback from parents, teachers, even School Board members who called on the school district to provide complete transparency into the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds once schools reopened.
The current update shows a mix of teachers and transportation workers testing positive. Use this link to access the Palm Beach County School District COVID-19 dashboard.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW