BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 positivity rate is rising in Palm Beach County two weeks after Phase 2 began.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health reveal that Palm Beach County jumped to 6.74 percent based on tests logged Monday through 11:59 p.m. That is the highest in at least two weeks. Palm Beach County logged 9 new deaths and 171 new infections.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 13.9 percent. The Department of Health includes anyone 18 and under in the pediatric report.
Statewide, Florida reported a positivity rate of 5.88 percent. The Department of Health logged 99 new COVID-19 deaths on Monday with 2,418 new cases.
There is now a total of 45,602 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,286 deaths. Statewide, Florida reports 13,416 deaths with 687,909 infections.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire