BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 positivity rate is rising in Palm Beach County two weeks after Phase 2 began.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health reveal that Palm Beach County jumped to 6.74 percent based on tests logged Monday through 11:59 p.m. That is the highest in at least two weeks. Palm Beach County logged 9 new deaths and 171 new infections.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 13.9 percent. The Department of Health includes anyone 18 and under in the pediatric report.
Statewide, Florida reported a positivity rate of 5.88 percent. The Department of Health logged 99 new COVID-19 deaths on Monday with 2,418 new cases.
There is now a total of 45,602 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,286 deaths. Statewide, Florida reports 13,416 deaths with 687,909 infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FREE AT-HOME COVID TESTS: Order Yours Now From The Federal Government
- SIRENS: Dead In Boca Glades, Heart Issue At Olympic Heights High, Fire In Boca Grove
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight