BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida logged 223 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Department of Health. That is the highest death count since at least September 9th, a day on which 222 new cases were reported. The Tuesday death count comes with a 2,622 new COVID-19 infections in the state.
The report brings Florida’s death count to 13,618 with 690,499 infections. At the current rate, Florida will pass 700,000 COVID-19 infections within the next several days.
The county numbers have not been released as of 1:45 p.m. ET, more than two hours after the normal release of 11:30 a.m.
We will update as soon as the Palm Beach County death and infection counts, based on Tuesday’s reporting, are released.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FREE AT-HOME COVID TESTS: Order Yours Now From The Federal Government
- SIRENS: Dead In Boca Glades, Heart Issue At Olympic Heights High, Fire In Boca Grove
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight