BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida logged 223 COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Department of Health. That is the highest death count since at least September 9th, a day on which 222 new cases were reported. The Tuesday death count comes with a 2,622 new COVID-19 infections in the state.
The report brings Florida’s death count to 13,618 with 690,499 infections. At the current rate, Florida will pass 700,000 COVID-19 infections within the next several days.
The county numbers have not been released as of 1:45 p.m. ET, more than two hours after the normal release of 11:30 a.m.
We will update as soon as the Palm Beach County death and infection counts, based on Tuesday’s reporting, are released.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges