BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at Citrus Cove Elementary School in Boynton Beach is the first student to test positive for COVID-19 since “in person” learning started on Monday. While it is reasonable to assume that other students in other schools are also positive for COVID-19, this student is the first reported by the Palm Beach County School District on its COVID-19 tracking dashboard. It was not immediately clear whether the child’s positive test has resulted in a quarantine for other students.
The dashboard, which is updated daily, also reports 12 employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Among those infected: employees at Atlantic Community High School, Boynton Beach Community High School, and Sunset Palms Elementary.
A controversy started Wednesday when observers noticed that the total “infected” count in the school district dropped from numbers first reported on Monday. Palm Beach County School District spokeswoman Claudia Shea told BocaNewsNow.com that the original number reported Monday, 19, was incorrect and posted as a result of “human error.”
If you know of infections in your school, please use the form below to let BocaNewsNow.com know what’s happening.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton