BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at Citrus Cove Elementary School in Boynton Beach is the first student to test positive for COVID-19 since “in person” learning started on Monday. While it is reasonable to assume that other students in other schools are also positive for COVID-19, this student is the first reported by the Palm Beach County School District on its COVID-19 tracking dashboard. It was not immediately clear whether the child’s positive test has resulted in a quarantine for other students.
The dashboard, which is updated daily, also reports 12 employees have tested positive for COVID-19. Among those infected: employees at Atlantic Community High School, Boynton Beach Community High School, and Sunset Palms Elementary.
A controversy started Wednesday when observers noticed that the total “infected” count in the school district dropped from numbers first reported on Monday. Palm Beach County School District spokeswoman Claudia Shea told BocaNewsNow.com that the original number reported Monday, 19, was incorrect and posted as a result of “human error.”
If you know of infections in your school, please use the form below to let BocaNewsNow.com know what’s happening.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.