BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Commission is speeding up certain elements of “phase 2,” including bars, strip clubs, and a hookah lounges.
From Palm Beach County (official advisory):
On Thursday, September 25 at a meeting of the Palm Beach County Commissioners, County Administrator Verdenia Baker updated the Board on a revised Phase Two Plan on recommended businesses to re-open. The revised plan was drafted based on direction provided at the September 15 meeting of the Board and with input provided by the Executive Policy Group earlier this week. At today’s meeting, the Board directed staff to modify the timeline to re-open venues earlier than previously contemplated.
The new timeline for opening venues will be permitted as follows:
· Effective September 25:
o All restrictions related to operating hours of establishments will be lifted.
· Effective September 28:
o Auditoriums, bingo parlors, comedy clubs, concert houses and playhouses will be able to be open at 50% capacity, other guidelines will be issued accordingly.
o Adult entertainment/Strip clubs will be able to resume entertainment activities with certain restrictions.
· Effective October 5:
o Bars, hookah, cigars and other smoking bars will be able to re-open at 50% capacity with other guidelines to be issued accordingly.
The opening of nightclubs will require authorization of Governor Ron DeSantis and the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.