BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Commission is speeding up certain elements of “phase 2,” including bars, strip clubs, and a hookah lounges.
From Palm Beach County (official advisory):
On Thursday, September 25 at a meeting of the Palm Beach County Commissioners, County Administrator Verdenia Baker updated the Board on a revised Phase Two Plan on recommended businesses to re-open. The revised plan was drafted based on direction provided at the September 15 meeting of the Board and with input provided by the Executive Policy Group earlier this week. At today’s meeting, the Board directed staff to modify the timeline to re-open venues earlier than previously contemplated.
The new timeline for opening venues will be permitted as follows:
· Effective September 25:
o All restrictions related to operating hours of establishments will be lifted.
· Effective September 28:
o Auditoriums, bingo parlors, comedy clubs, concert houses and playhouses will be able to be open at 50% capacity, other guidelines will be issued accordingly.
o Adult entertainment/Strip clubs will be able to resume entertainment activities with certain restrictions.
· Effective October 5:
o Bars, hookah, cigars and other smoking bars will be able to re-open at 50% capacity with other guidelines to be issued accordingly.
The opening of nightclubs will require authorization of Governor Ron DeSantis and the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW