BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Boynton Beach this weekend have been executing what appears to be the largest number of DUI arrests since COVID-19 restrictions began. Those restrictions brought the closures of all stand-alone bars. But Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ sudden and unexpected order that all of Florida move to Phase 3 on Friday brought with it open bars and apparently drunk drivers.
While records are still being processed Sunday morning, the Palm Beach County Jail already reports at least 10 DUI arrests in Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach on Friday and Saturday. We believe that to be a record since COVID-19 restrictions were instituted.
Among the arrests: Nicole Urban of San Clara Drive in Delray Beach. She was booked into jail early Saturday morning and released later on her own recognizance.
Amanda Uys of the 1300 block of Crystal Way in Delray Beach. She was arrested by Jupiter Police and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail early Sunday morning. She remained in jail at mid-morning Sunday.
Daniel Pappas of the 2700 block of SW 2nd Street in Delray Beach. He was booked into the Palm Beach County just after midnight Sunday morning by FHP. He was released on his own recognizance at 6:35 a.m.
Dominic Farace of Crescendo Circle in Boca Raton. She was charged with DUI early Saturday by PBSO. She was jailed and later released on her own recognizance.
Alicia Chaves of the 2600 block of Garden Drive in Lake Worth. She was arrested by Boca Raton Police Saturday morning and later released on her own recognizance.
Health experts have repeated expressed concern of open bars serving as a transmission point for COVID-19 as patron drinks, remain maskless, and lose the ability the process the consequences of their actions.
We remind our readers that arrests are merely allegations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot