Florida COVID-19 Infections Pass 700,000
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s unclear what this means long term, but the Florida Department of Health is reporting a huge uptick in “influenza-like illness” Emergency Department visits in Palm Beach County. The official Florida Department of Health graph, below, shows the details.
If there is good news, it’s that the COVID-like illness Emergency Department visit graph is holding steady if not trending down just a bit, but there is certainly concern that the flu-like symptom reports are trending up. There continues to be a “twindemic” fear — where people who think they have COVID clog emergency rooms, only to find out that they have the flu.
As of Sunday’s report, the positivity rate in Palm Beach County and Florida is showing relatively low numbers — a good sign. But COVID-19 deaths continue to be recorded. Florida logged 10 new COVID-19 deaths on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. The totals are now: 46,283 COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,342 deaths. Statewide, Florida is reporting 700,564 infections wit 14,032 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges