Closure Is For Jewish Holiday, District Using Day To Sanitize, Clean As Positive Tests Increase
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A reminder to parents and students: Palm Beach County Schools are closed on Monday for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. Schools reopen Tuesday.
As the school district uses the day to clean and sanitize classrooms now in use for a week, there is an update to the infection count reported by the district for teachers and students. From the latest report, there are a total of 16 COVID-19 infections in the schools. By the numbers: 13 employees and 3 students have tested positive so far. The positive employees work in Atlantic Community High, Binks Forest Elementary, Boynton Beach Community High School, Carver Community Middle, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary, Del Prada Elementary, H.L. Johnson Elementary, Jeaga Middle, Park Vista Community High School, Regional Office Central, S.D. Spady Elementary, Sunset Palms Elementary, West Gate Elementary.
Students tested positive in Citrus Cove Elementary, Palm Beach Central High, and Palm Beach Gardens Community High School.
The Palm Beach County School District continues to average just one third of all students for in-person education. Two thirds of the roughly 180,000 student population remain in “distance learning.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES
- HURRICANE IAN NEARLY CATEGORY FIVE
- KINGS POINT HIT BY POSSIBLE TORNADO, SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
- REMINDER: ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED IN PALM BEACH COUNTY