BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(Source: Boynton Beach Police Advisory Verbatim) — On Sunday, Boynton Beach Police was made aware of a deeply concerning video circulating on social media of a man punching a dog in Intracoastal Park in the City of Boynton Beach.
An officer immediately responded to the park to gather the initial facts, and turned the case over to our animal cruelty investigator.
This morning, Inv. Liz Roehrich interviewed the man in the video and took custody of his dog for an exanimation by a veterinarian at Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control.
Adi, short for Addison, a two-year-old female Pit-Lab mix, will remain in the custody of Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control pending the outcome of the investigation.
“I will do my absolute best to pursue justice for this innocent animal,” said Roehrich, who has served as the department’s animal cruelty investigator for 28 years. “We will always investigate acts of animal abuse and neglect in the city.”
In addition, Roehrich will be performing a welfare check at the man’s home to ensure the safety of his other animals.
We will provide further information on this investigation as soon as it becomes available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud