BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When the Palm Beach County School District updates its COVID-19 tracking dashboard on Tuesday, it will includes new COVID-19 cases in Boca Community Middle School, Spanish River High School and West Boca High. The new cases were reported to parents and guardians Monday afternoon and evening through robocalls and emails. Many parents sent the information to BocaNewsNow.com.
Officially, the Palm Beach County School District is reporting a total of 17 confirmed cases among students and employees, but that number is expectedto see a potentially significant jump on Tuesday — one week after “in person learning” began.
All students and employees testing positive for COVID-19 are ordered to quarantine. They must provide negative tests before returning for in-person school activities.
Separately, the Palm Beach County School District was forced to robocall more than 180,000 students on Monday to remind them that facial coverings are still required in all school district facilities. Apparently many believed that Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order bringing Florida to “phase 3” eliminate the masking requirement. That is not true. Anyone without a facial covering will not be permitted to enter school district facilities and buildings.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat