BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — When the Palm Beach County School District updates its COVID-19 tracking dashboard on Tuesday, it will includes new COVID-19 cases in Boca Community Middle School, Spanish River High School and West Boca High. The new cases were reported to parents and guardians Monday afternoon and evening through robocalls and emails. Many parents sent the information to BocaNewsNow.com.
Officially, the Palm Beach County School District is reporting a total of 17 confirmed cases among students and employees, but that number is expectedto see a potentially significant jump on Tuesday — one week after “in person learning” began.
All students and employees testing positive for COVID-19 are ordered to quarantine. They must provide negative tests before returning for in-person school activities.
Separately, the Palm Beach County School District was forced to robocall more than 180,000 students on Monday to remind them that facial coverings are still required in all school district facilities. Apparently many believed that Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order bringing Florida to “phase 3” eliminate the masking requirement. That is not true. Anyone without a facial covering will not be permitted to enter school district facilities and buildings.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend