Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Moving State To “Phase 3” Has No Impact On Mask Mandate
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The sudden and unexpected announcement that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis elevated all of Florida to “phase 3” has no impact on the mask mandate for ALL students and teachers in the Palm Beach County School District.
District officials, apparently preparing to counter the erroneous belief that “phase 3” means “no masks” just issued a strongly worded statement. We’ll make it simple: if you’re going to be inside a Palm Beach County School District building or facility, you MUST wear a facial covering.
Here’s the advisory:
The School District of Palm Beach County continues to require the use of facial coverings on District school buses, school campuses, and District offices until further notice.
The School District is not affected by the Governor’s Executive Order to move Florida to Phase 3 of the state’s COVID-19 response, and continues to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health agencies’ guidelines on facial coverings.
Schools have distributed washable, cloth facial covers to each student who has returned to campus for in-person instruction. Facial coverings are also available to District teachers and other employees. In the event that a student forgets their facial covering, a disposable one will be provided.
Students who do not follow the facial covering protocols will be educated on the importance of the use of facial coverings, and may be subject to disciplinary action as outlined in Policy 5.326- Student Protocols due to COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach