BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at West Boca High is the latest to test positive for COVID-19 in the Palm Beach County School District. The positive test was confirmed by Palm Beach County School District Spokesperson Claudia Shea.
“There is one confirmed Covid-19 case of a student who was on the campus of West Boca Raton Community High School. That student is now isolating at home,” said Shea to BocaNewsNow.com. “Contact tracing has been conducted and completed. Anyone who had close contact with this individual has been notified. All West Boca parents and staff have also been notified about this case. The case will be reflected on the District’s Covid-19 Dashboard this morning.”
There are now a total of 17 confirmed cases in the school district. The breakdown: 13 employees and 4 students. Among those involving South Palm Beach County schools: an employee at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record