BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at West Boca High is the latest to test positive for COVID-19 in the Palm Beach County School District. The positive test was confirmed by Palm Beach County School District Spokesperson Claudia Shea.
“There is one confirmed Covid-19 case of a student who was on the campus of West Boca Raton Community High School. That student is now isolating at home,” said Shea to BocaNewsNow.com. “Contact tracing has been conducted and completed. Anyone who had close contact with this individual has been notified. All West Boca parents and staff have also been notified about this case. The case will be reflected on the District’s Covid-19 Dashboard this morning.”
There are now a total of 17 confirmed cases in the school district. The breakdown: 13 employees and 4 students. Among those involving South Palm Beach County schools: an employee at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge