BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at West Boca High is the latest to test positive for COVID-19 in the Palm Beach County School District. The positive test was confirmed by Palm Beach County School District Spokesperson Claudia Shea.
“There is one confirmed Covid-19 case of a student who was on the campus of West Boca Raton Community High School. That student is now isolating at home,” said Shea to BocaNewsNow.com. “Contact tracing has been conducted and completed. Anyone who had close contact with this individual has been notified. All West Boca parents and staff have also been notified about this case. The case will be reflected on the District’s Covid-19 Dashboard this morning.”
There are now a total of 17 confirmed cases in the school district. The breakdown: 13 employees and 4 students. Among those involving South Palm Beach County schools: an employee at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees