BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A student at West Boca High is the latest to test positive for COVID-19 in the Palm Beach County School District. The positive test was confirmed by Palm Beach County School District Spokesperson Claudia Shea.
“There is one confirmed Covid-19 case of a student who was on the campus of West Boca Raton Community High School. That student is now isolating at home,” said Shea to BocaNewsNow.com. “Contact tracing has been conducted and completed. Anyone who had close contact with this individual has been notified. All West Boca parents and staff have also been notified about this case. The case will be reflected on the District’s Covid-19 Dashboard this morning.”
There are now a total of 17 confirmed cases in the school district. The breakdown: 13 employees and 4 students. Among those involving South Palm Beach County schools: an employee at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach