BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just one week after in-person learning began in the Palm Beach County School District at least 22 students and employees are infected with COVID-19 — and those are the infections being acknowledged.
The early Tuesday morning report from the PBCSD reports 15 employees and seven students are confirmed positive for COVID-19.
Students have tested positive at Binks Forest Elementary, Christa McAuliffe Middle, Palm Beach Central High, Palm Beach Gardens Community High, Spanish River Community High, and West Boca Raton Community High.
Staff members have tested positive at Atlantic Community High, Binks Forest Elementary School, Boca Raton Community High School, Boca Raton Community Middle School, Boynton Beach Community High School, Carver Community Middle School, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary School, Del Prado Elementary School, Diamond View Elementary, H.L Johnson Elementary, Jaega Middle, Park Vista Community High School, Regional Office Central, S.D. Spady Elementary, Sunset Palms Elementary, West Boca Raton Community High School.
School District officials tell BocaNewsNow.com that anyone testing positive is required to self-quarantine until negative tests are received. Contact tracers have alerted anyone with who the infected may have had contact.
Just one third of the school district’s 180,000 student population has returned to “in-person” learning, with two third remaining learning through “distance learning” platforms.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot