BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID crisis isn’t over yet. The Florida Department of Health reported 3,259 new COVID-19 cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The DOH also reports 106 COVID-19 deaths logged on Monday. Florida’s positivity rate has jumped from the low 4’s to 5.01 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded Monday through 11:59 p.m with 175 new COVID-19 cases. Of note, the positivity rate. Palm Beach County reported a 2.06 percent rate on Sunday, but 4.14 percent on Monday. The positivity rate has not bee in the 4’s since September 22nd.
Palm Beach County now reports a total of 1,350 COVID-19 deaths with 46,485 infections. Statewide, Florida reports 704,568 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 14,143 deaths.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered all of Florida into Phase 3 on Friday. Restaurants, retailers and schools in Palm Beach County have been in “urgent reminder mode,” telling everyone that masks are still required.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday