BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID crisis isn’t over yet. The Florida Department of Health reported 3,259 new COVID-19 cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The DOH also reports 106 COVID-19 deaths logged on Monday. Florida’s positivity rate has jumped from the low 4’s to 5.01 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded Monday through 11:59 p.m with 175 new COVID-19 cases. Of note, the positivity rate. Palm Beach County reported a 2.06 percent rate on Sunday, but 4.14 percent on Monday. The positivity rate has not bee in the 4’s since September 22nd.
Palm Beach County now reports a total of 1,350 COVID-19 deaths with 46,485 infections. Statewide, Florida reports 704,568 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 14,143 deaths.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered all of Florida into Phase 3 on Friday. Restaurants, retailers and schools in Palm Beach County have been in “urgent reminder mode,” telling everyone that masks are still required.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach