BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s COVID crisis isn’t over yet. The Florida Department of Health reported 3,259 new COVID-19 cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The DOH also reports 106 COVID-19 deaths logged on Monday. Florida’s positivity rate has jumped from the low 4’s to 5.01 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded Monday through 11:59 p.m with 175 new COVID-19 cases. Of note, the positivity rate. Palm Beach County reported a 2.06 percent rate on Sunday, but 4.14 percent on Monday. The positivity rate has not bee in the 4’s since September 22nd.
Palm Beach County now reports a total of 1,350 COVID-19 deaths with 46,485 infections. Statewide, Florida reports 704,568 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 14,143 deaths.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered all of Florida into Phase 3 on Friday. Restaurants, retailers and schools in Palm Beach County have been in “urgent reminder mode,” telling everyone that masks are still required.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record