John DiGiovanni Charged With Attempted Murder
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton barber is in the Palm Beach County Jail after police say he shot at his customers near Mizner Park.
From Boca Raton PD:
“On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, Boca Raton Police received a delayed report of a shooting in the parking lot at 625 NE Mizner Boulevard. The caller (Victim #1) advised he and his friend (Victim #2) were shot at by their barber, John Digiovanni.
Boca Raton Police detectives spoke with the victims who advised over the past two weeks, Digiovanni did not show up for scheduled haircut appointments. On Monday, September 28, 2020, Victim #2 reached out to Digiovanni over the phone to confront him about accepting appointments but not showing up. Digiovanni started yelling and threatened Victim #2.
Later that night, Victim #2 asked Digiovanni if they could meet in person to discuss what was bothering him. Digiovanni told Victim #2 to meet at 625 NE Mizner Boulevard. Victim #1 and Victim #2 drove to the location and waited for Digiovanni to arrive. Once Digiovanni arrived, he began yelling and screaming from his vehicle. Victim #2 said he just wanted to talk and began walking towards Digiovanni’s vehicle. Digiovanni exited his vehicle and pointed a firearm at Victim #2. Digiovanni then fired two rounds at Victim #1 and Victim #2 before returning to his vehicle. He then fired one additional round in their direction before fleeing the area. Neither victim was injured. Video evidence corroborated the victims’ account of what occurred.
On Wednesday, September 30, 2020, Digiovanni was taken into custody and charged with two counts of Attempted First-Degree Murder with a Firearm. He was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail.”
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks