John DiGiovanni Charged With Attempted Murder
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton barber is in the Palm Beach County Jail after police say he shot at his customers near Mizner Park.
From Boca Raton PD:
“On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, Boca Raton Police received a delayed report of a shooting in the parking lot at 625 NE Mizner Boulevard. The caller (Victim #1) advised he and his friend (Victim #2) were shot at by their barber, John Digiovanni.
Boca Raton Police detectives spoke with the victims who advised over the past two weeks, Digiovanni did not show up for scheduled haircut appointments. On Monday, September 28, 2020, Victim #2 reached out to Digiovanni over the phone to confront him about accepting appointments but not showing up. Digiovanni started yelling and threatened Victim #2.
Later that night, Victim #2 asked Digiovanni if they could meet in person to discuss what was bothering him. Digiovanni told Victim #2 to meet at 625 NE Mizner Boulevard. Victim #1 and Victim #2 drove to the location and waited for Digiovanni to arrive. Once Digiovanni arrived, he began yelling and screaming from his vehicle. Victim #2 said he just wanted to talk and began walking towards Digiovanni’s vehicle. Digiovanni exited his vehicle and pointed a firearm at Victim #2. Digiovanni then fired two rounds at Victim #1 and Victim #2 before returning to his vehicle. He then fired one additional round in their direction before fleeing the area. Neither victim was injured. Video evidence corroborated the victims’ account of what occurred.
On Wednesday, September 30, 2020, Digiovanni was taken into custody and charged with two counts of Attempted First-Degree Murder with a Firearm. He was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles