UPDATE: An earlier version of this story transmitted by our aggregation partners showed Coral Reef Elementary as having a case. It does not. We apologize for the transmission error.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The total confirmed COVID case count in the Palm Beach County School District is now 25, but there appears to be no instance where there are more than two cases in an individual school or facility. That suggests that there is no “outbreak” in the schools. Distance learning is only in its second week, so it’s still early to interpret all numbers, whether good or bad.
There are two instances where both a student and staff member have tested positive: Binks Forest Elementary and Kirklane Elementary.
Here’s the breakdown as of Wednesday morning, September 30, 2020:
Employees have tested positive in: Atlantic Community High, Binks Forest Elementary, Boca Raton Community Middle, Boynton Beach Community High, Carver Community Middle, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary, Del Prado Elementary, Diamond View Elementary, H.L. Johnson Elementary, Jaega Middle, Park Vista Community High, Regional Office Central, S.D. Spady Elementary, Sunset Palms Elementary, Turning Points Acadamy, West Gate Elementary.
Students have tested positive in: Binks Forest Elementary, Christa McAuliffe Middle, Citrus Cove Elementary, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary, Coral Sunset Elementary, Palm Beach Central High, Palm Beach Gardens Community High, Spanish River Community High, West Boca Raton Community High.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart