UPDATE: An earlier version of this story transmitted by our aggregation partners showed Coral Reef Elementary as having a case. It does not. We apologize for the transmission error.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The total confirmed COVID case count in the Palm Beach County School District is now 25, but there appears to be no instance where there are more than two cases in an individual school or facility. That suggests that there is no “outbreak” in the schools. Distance learning is only in its second week, so it’s still early to interpret all numbers, whether good or bad.
There are two instances where both a student and staff member have tested positive: Binks Forest Elementary and Kirklane Elementary.
Here’s the breakdown as of Wednesday morning, September 30, 2020:
Employees have tested positive in: Atlantic Community High, Binks Forest Elementary, Boca Raton Community Middle, Boynton Beach Community High, Carver Community Middle, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary, Del Prado Elementary, Diamond View Elementary, H.L. Johnson Elementary, Jaega Middle, Park Vista Community High, Regional Office Central, S.D. Spady Elementary, Sunset Palms Elementary, Turning Points Acadamy, West Gate Elementary.
Students have tested positive in: Binks Forest Elementary, Christa McAuliffe Middle, Citrus Cove Elementary, Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary, Coral Sunset Elementary, Palm Beach Central High, Palm Beach Gardens Community High, Spanish River Community High, West Boca Raton Community High.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed