BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The grim reaper is smiling as the Halloween month gets underway. Florida logged 127 NEW COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,814 new infections. That brings Florida’s COVID-19 death count to an astonishing 14,444. The infection count is just a day away from 710,000 — it’s 709,144. The positivity rate statewide based on Wednesday’s full-day report is 4.65-percent. That’s down just a tad from 5.01-percent but seemingly meaningless in the midst of 127 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 14 new COVID-19 deaths were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 165 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 3.10-percent to 4.26-percent.
Of note, the weekly count of emergency department visits for COVID-like illnesses, as reported by the Florida Department of Health, is trending up in Palm Beach County. This report is released weekly. Look at the graphic, above.
There are now 46,698 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,383 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.