BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The grim reaper is smiling as the Halloween month gets underway. Florida logged 127 NEW COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,814 new infections. That brings Florida’s COVID-19 death count to an astonishing 14,444. The infection count is just a day away from 710,000 — it’s 709,144. The positivity rate statewide based on Wednesday’s full-day report is 4.65-percent. That’s down just a tad from 5.01-percent but seemingly meaningless in the midst of 127 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 14 new COVID-19 deaths were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 165 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 3.10-percent to 4.26-percent.
Of note, the weekly count of emergency department visits for COVID-like illnesses, as reported by the Florida Department of Health, is trending up in Palm Beach County. This report is released weekly. Look at the graphic, above.
There are now 46,698 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,383 deaths.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES