BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The grim reaper is smiling as the Halloween month gets underway. Florida logged 127 NEW COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,814 new infections. That brings Florida’s COVID-19 death count to an astonishing 14,444. The infection count is just a day away from 710,000 — it’s 709,144. The positivity rate statewide based on Wednesday’s full-day report is 4.65-percent. That’s down just a tad from 5.01-percent but seemingly meaningless in the midst of 127 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 14 new COVID-19 deaths were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 165 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 3.10-percent to 4.26-percent.
Of note, the weekly count of emergency department visits for COVID-like illnesses, as reported by the Florida Department of Health, is trending up in Palm Beach County. This report is released weekly. Look at the graphic, above.
There are now 46,698 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,383 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000