BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The grim reaper is smiling as the Halloween month gets underway. Florida logged 127 NEW COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,814 new infections. That brings Florida’s COVID-19 death count to an astonishing 14,444. The infection count is just a day away from 710,000 — it’s 709,144. The positivity rate statewide based on Wednesday’s full-day report is 4.65-percent. That’s down just a tad from 5.01-percent but seemingly meaningless in the midst of 127 new deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 14 new COVID-19 deaths were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 165 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate jumped from 3.10-percent to 4.26-percent.
Of note, the weekly count of emergency department visits for COVID-like illnesses, as reported by the Florida Department of Health, is trending up in Palm Beach County. This report is released weekly. Look at the graphic, above.
There are now 46,698 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,383 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach