BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBC Media Advisory Verbatim) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the CARES Mortgage Assistance Program on May 15, 2020, to accelerate assistance to eligible homeowners whose households have suffered a loss of income due to COVID-19. This $20 million allocation for the Mortgage Assistance Program uses a portion of the county’s $261 million allocation from the federal CARES Act approved by Congress. Funds are awarded as a grant.
Round 2 of CARES Mortgage Assistance will provide up to 6 months of assistance (not to exceed $10,000), to income eligible households that are at least one month delinquent (after February 29, 2020) in home mortgage, escrow payments (PITI), and/or condominium and homeowners’ association dues. Payments can only be provided through December 2020.
All requests for assistance will be reviewed and underwritten based on approved criteria. To qualify, homeowners must demonstrate that the costs are directly tied to COVID-19. Additional criteria include but are not limited to income eligibility, residence must be owner occupied, property must be in Palm Beach County, and the assessed value cannot exceed $331,888.
All applications must be submitted online and will be processed on a first-come, first-eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Friday, October 9, at 8 a.m. and can be accessed at the Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability’swebsite: http://pbcgov.com/hes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog