BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: PBC Media Advisory Verbatim) — The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the CARES Mortgage Assistance Program on May 15, 2020, to accelerate assistance to eligible homeowners whose households have suffered a loss of income due to COVID-19. This $20 million allocation for the Mortgage Assistance Program uses a portion of the county’s $261 million allocation from the federal CARES Act approved by Congress. Funds are awarded as a grant.
Round 2 of CARES Mortgage Assistance will provide up to 6 months of assistance (not to exceed $10,000), to income eligible households that are at least one month delinquent (after February 29, 2020) in home mortgage, escrow payments (PITI), and/or condominium and homeowners’ association dues. Payments can only be provided through December 2020.
All requests for assistance will be reviewed and underwritten based on approved criteria. To qualify, homeowners must demonstrate that the costs are directly tied to COVID-19. Additional criteria include but are not limited to income eligibility, residence must be owner occupied, property must be in Palm Beach County, and the assessed value cannot exceed $331,888.
All applications must be submitted online and will be processed on a first-come, first-eligible basis. The online application is expected to launch on Friday, October 9, at 8 a.m. and can be accessed at the Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability’swebsite: http://pbcgov.com/hes.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic