Death, Infection Increase Logged As Palm Beach County Resident, President Donald Trump, Hospitalized For COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded another 122 COVID-19 deaths on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,824 confirmed COVID-19 infections. The news comes as the county’s most high profile resident, President Donald Trump, was hospitalized following a positive COVID-19 test.
The increased death and infection reports is the latest revealing a continued increase in COVID-19 deaths and infections, although the positivity rate remains under 5-percent, a Florida and Palm Beach County goal. The statewide positivity rate jumped from 3.75-percent on Thursday to 4.79 percent on Friday.
It remained unclear if President Tump’s positive test is being counted in Florida’s results. He is, at least on paper, a Palm Beach County resident with Mar-A-Lago listed as his official residence.
In Palm Beach County, an additional eight COVID-19 deaths were logged on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 127 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate shot up from 2.42-percent to 3.48-percent. There are now 1,393 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 49,964 infections.
Statewide, 714,615 COVID-19 infections have been logged with 14,628 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud