Death, Infection Increase Logged As Palm Beach County Resident, President Donald Trump, Hospitalized For COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded another 122 COVID-19 deaths on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,824 confirmed COVID-19 infections. The news comes as the county’s most high profile resident, President Donald Trump, was hospitalized following a positive COVID-19 test.
The increased death and infection reports is the latest revealing a continued increase in COVID-19 deaths and infections, although the positivity rate remains under 5-percent, a Florida and Palm Beach County goal. The statewide positivity rate jumped from 3.75-percent on Thursday to 4.79 percent on Friday.
It remained unclear if President Tump’s positive test is being counted in Florida’s results. He is, at least on paper, a Palm Beach County resident with Mar-A-Lago listed as his official residence.
In Palm Beach County, an additional eight COVID-19 deaths were logged on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 127 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate shot up from 2.42-percent to 3.48-percent. There are now 1,393 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 49,964 infections.
Statewide, 714,615 COVID-19 infections have been logged with 14,628 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club