Death, Infection Increase Logged As Palm Beach County Resident, President Donald Trump, Hospitalized For COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida recorded another 122 COVID-19 deaths on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 2,824 confirmed COVID-19 infections. The news comes as the county’s most high profile resident, President Donald Trump, was hospitalized following a positive COVID-19 test.
The increased death and infection reports is the latest revealing a continued increase in COVID-19 deaths and infections, although the positivity rate remains under 5-percent, a Florida and Palm Beach County goal. The statewide positivity rate jumped from 3.75-percent on Thursday to 4.79 percent on Friday.
It remained unclear if President Tump’s positive test is being counted in Florida’s results. He is, at least on paper, a Palm Beach County resident with Mar-A-Lago listed as his official residence.
In Palm Beach County, an additional eight COVID-19 deaths were logged on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 127 new COVID-19 cases. The positivity rate shot up from 2.42-percent to 3.48-percent. There are now 1,393 COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County with 49,964 infections.
Statewide, 714,615 COVID-19 infections have been logged with 14,628 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic