BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District hasn’t updated its public COVID-19 dashboard in days, but parents are reaching out to BocaNewsNow.com to report that a student at Boca Raton Community Middle School has tested positive for COVID.
It is unclear why the school district stopped reporting cases in real time. Officials, after first erroneously citing HIPAA as a reason why they couldn’t release case information, ultimately realized they were incorrect and launched a COVID-19 reporting dashboard. Many other Florida school districts have done the same. But the dashboard, which is promoted as being updated by 11:30 p.m. each night, hasn’t been updated since Thursday.
The Boca Raton Community Middle School student is the latest in what we are hearing are several additions to the infected list. We are not reporting additional infections until they are confirmed.
Here is the letter sent to parents this evening from Boca Raton Community Middle School principal Peter Slack.
”Hello BRCMS parents, guardians and community members. I’m writing to inform you that a student has tested positive for COVID-19. I’d like to assure you that all contact tracing protocols are presently being followed, and anyone who was in close proximity to this person will be notified. If you are not notified, your child was not directly exposed.
The District has also conducted enhanced cleaning of the limited areas on our campus in which this person spent time.
COVID-19 remains an ongoing threat in Palm Beach County. It’s important that you remain aware of symptoms and get tested should feel you may have contracted the virus.
As always, contact me with any questions or concerns.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach