BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District hasn’t updated its public COVID-19 dashboard in days, but parents are reaching out to BocaNewsNow.com to report that a student at Boca Raton Community Middle School has tested positive for COVID.
It is unclear why the school district stopped reporting cases in real time. Officials, after first erroneously citing HIPAA as a reason why they couldn’t release case information, ultimately realized they were incorrect and launched a COVID-19 reporting dashboard. Many other Florida school districts have done the same. But the dashboard, which is promoted as being updated by 11:30 p.m. each night, hasn’t been updated since Thursday.
The Boca Raton Community Middle School student is the latest in what we are hearing are several additions to the infected list. We are not reporting additional infections until they are confirmed.
Here is the letter sent to parents this evening from Boca Raton Community Middle School principal Peter Slack.
”Hello BRCMS parents, guardians and community members. I’m writing to inform you that a student has tested positive for COVID-19. I’d like to assure you that all contact tracing protocols are presently being followed, and anyone who was in close proximity to this person will be notified. If you are not notified, your child was not directly exposed.
The District has also conducted enhanced cleaning of the limited areas on our campus in which this person spent time.
COVID-19 remains an ongoing threat in Palm Beach County. It’s important that you remain aware of symptoms and get tested should feel you may have contracted the virus.
As always, contact me with any questions or concerns.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent