DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A physical therapy patient undergoing outdoor “gait training” at Delray Medical Center fell into a manhole and sustained critical injuries, according to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court.
Richard Budryk, according to the suit, “fell into a manhole, sustaining permanent injuries, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for th enjoyment of life, loss of earnings and impairment of earning capacity, and /or permanent aggravation of a pre-existing condition, and has further incurred hospital bills, medical bills, and/or other bills as a result of said injuries.”
Here’s the core of the suit:
“On or about October 5, 2018, Clayton Piez, PT, was providing physical/rehabilitation therapies to Richard Budryk, which included gait training. At the direction of Clayton Piez, PT, said gait training was performed on the outside walkways which were referred to as the “gait course.” Located on or within the walkways which comprise the “gait course” are manhole access points. While Richard Budryk was undergoing gait training on the ‘gait course,’ he fell into a manhole suffering injury.”
There was no immediate response filed by Delray Medical Center, owned by Tenant Healthcare.
Here’s the complete lawsuit.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton