DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A physical therapy patient undergoing outdoor “gait training” at Delray Medical Center fell into a manhole and sustained critical injuries, according to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court.
Richard Budryk, according to the suit, “fell into a manhole, sustaining permanent injuries, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for th enjoyment of life, loss of earnings and impairment of earning capacity, and /or permanent aggravation of a pre-existing condition, and has further incurred hospital bills, medical bills, and/or other bills as a result of said injuries.”
Here’s the core of the suit:
“On or about October 5, 2018, Clayton Piez, PT, was providing physical/rehabilitation therapies to Richard Budryk, which included gait training. At the direction of Clayton Piez, PT, said gait training was performed on the outside walkways which were referred to as the “gait course.” Located on or within the walkways which comprise the “gait course” are manhole access points. While Richard Budryk was undergoing gait training on the ‘gait course,’ he fell into a manhole suffering injury.”
There was no immediate response filed by Delray Medical Center, owned by Tenant Healthcare.
Here’s the complete lawsuit.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching