DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A physical therapy patient undergoing outdoor “gait training” at Delray Medical Center fell into a manhole and sustained critical injuries, according to a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court.
Richard Budryk, according to the suit, “fell into a manhole, sustaining permanent injuries, physical impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, loss of capacity for th enjoyment of life, loss of earnings and impairment of earning capacity, and /or permanent aggravation of a pre-existing condition, and has further incurred hospital bills, medical bills, and/or other bills as a result of said injuries.”
Here’s the core of the suit:
“On or about October 5, 2018, Clayton Piez, PT, was providing physical/rehabilitation therapies to Richard Budryk, which included gait training. At the direction of Clayton Piez, PT, said gait training was performed on the outside walkways which were referred to as the “gait course.” Located on or within the walkways which comprise the “gait course” are manhole access points. While Richard Budryk was undergoing gait training on the ‘gait course,’ he fell into a manhole suffering injury.”
There was no immediate response filed by Delray Medical Center, owned by Tenant Healthcare.
Here’s the complete lawsuit.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic