Palm Beach County Reports Infection, Death Increase
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The trend is troubling for Florida and Palm Beach County. The latest COVID-19 numbers released by the Florida Department of Health reveals an alarming increase in infections and deaths in both Florida and Palm Beach County.
The Florida DOH reports 2,548 confirmed COVID-19 cases logged Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 131 new deaths. The positivity rate dropped a bit to 4.15-percent. The Florida total death count is now 14,904 with 722,707 COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 13 new COVID-19 deaths and 138 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Tuesday — the highest count in at least six days. Conversely, the positivity rate pulled back a bit to 2.80 percent.
Palm Beach County now reports 47,384 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1,408 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton