Palm Beach County Reports Infection, Death Increase
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The trend is troubling for Florida and Palm Beach County. The latest COVID-19 numbers released by the Florida Department of Health reveals an alarming increase in infections and deaths in both Florida and Palm Beach County.
The Florida DOH reports 2,548 confirmed COVID-19 cases logged Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 131 new deaths. The positivity rate dropped a bit to 4.15-percent. The Florida total death count is now 14,904 with 722,707 COVID-19 infections.
In Palm Beach County, 13 new COVID-19 deaths and 138 new COVID-19 infections were logged on Tuesday — the highest count in at least six days. Conversely, the positivity rate pulled back a bit to 2.80 percent.
Palm Beach County now reports 47,384 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1,408 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach