DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Hershel Ford is in the Palm Beach County Jail on an aggravated battery charge after police say he struck his grandson with a stick.
According to a police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “the victim claimed that he lives with his grandfather. He indicated he was sitting in front of the residence when (his grandfather) approached him and was verbally abusive. The victim claimed that (his grandfather) swing a white stick twice at his direction, striking him on his left forearm. The white stick was approximately 3 feet long. The defendant walked back inside the residence and locked the door.”
Adds the report: “The victim sustained a minor bruise and swelling to his left forearm.”
Hershel Ford was arrested and charged with aggravated battery. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and remained held without bond mid-day Wednesday.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees