POLICE: Matthew Farrell Cried During Arrest, But Would Only Say “Lawyer” When Asked Questions
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Matthew Farrell only said, “lawyer, lawyer, lawyer,” when Delray Beach Police found him asleep in the driver’s seat of his Toyota Scion near — but not in — a parking spot 1001 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
Farrell, according to police, knew he wasn’t supposed to be driving. His license is suspended.
“The defendant, Matthew Joseph Farrell, was found passed out while he was seated in the driver seat of a two door black Toyota Scion,” wrote an investigating officer in the police report. “The vehicle was in the middle of the parking lot and not in a designated parking spot. The defendant appeared disoriented and lost his balance walking to the Delray Beach Fire Rescue truck.”
Adds the officer:
“The defendant was read implied content for a blood draw. He began to repeat “lawyer, lawyer.” I asked him he drank alcohol and he repeated, “lawyer, lawyer.”
Read the complete police report, below. We have redacted phone numbers and the name of the person who called police. Farrell was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on a charge of “DUI — 3rd Violation Within 10 Years” — and later released on $1,000 bond.
The Palm Beach County Jail lists Farrell’s home address as the unit block of SE 8th Street in Boca Raton.Arrest_Matthew_Farrell
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens