Florida Passes 15,000 COVID-19 Deaths
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s looking a lot like the second wave is underway. Florida has recorded increasing COVID-19 infections over the past several days. The Florida Department of Health reports 3,296 new COVID-19 infections logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. The department logged 171 new COVID-19 deaths. Both numbers are recent highs.
The positivity rate in Florida is also seemingly on the rise, increasing from 4.11 to 4.57 percent in a day. While the long term positivity rate is what should be reviewed, the positivity rate has been in the 4s and 5s more than not over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recored on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 144 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is slightly better than the entire state number, but notably not moving out of the 3s and 4s. The positivity rate based Wednesday’s cases is 3.04-percent.
Total numbers: 1,416 deaths in Palm Beach County with 47,525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Statewide, 726,013 infections with 15,068 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat