Florida Passes 15,000 COVID-19 Deaths
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s looking a lot like the second wave is underway. Florida has recorded increasing COVID-19 infections over the past several days. The Florida Department of Health reports 3,296 new COVID-19 infections logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. The department logged 171 new COVID-19 deaths. Both numbers are recent highs.
The positivity rate in Florida is also seemingly on the rise, increasing from 4.11 to 4.57 percent in a day. While the long term positivity rate is what should be reviewed, the positivity rate has been in the 4s and 5s more than not over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recored on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 144 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is slightly better than the entire state number, but notably not moving out of the 3s and 4s. The positivity rate based Wednesday’s cases is 3.04-percent.
Total numbers: 1,416 deaths in Palm Beach County with 47,525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Statewide, 726,013 infections with 15,068 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed