Florida Passes 15,000 COVID-19 Deaths
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s looking a lot like the second wave is underway. Florida has recorded increasing COVID-19 infections over the past several days. The Florida Department of Health reports 3,296 new COVID-19 infections logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. The department logged 171 new COVID-19 deaths. Both numbers are recent highs.
The positivity rate in Florida is also seemingly on the rise, increasing from 4.11 to 4.57 percent in a day. While the long term positivity rate is what should be reviewed, the positivity rate has been in the 4s and 5s more than not over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recored on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 144 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is slightly better than the entire state number, but notably not moving out of the 3s and 4s. The positivity rate based Wednesday’s cases is 3.04-percent.
Total numbers: 1,416 deaths in Palm Beach County with 47,525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Statewide, 726,013 infections with 15,068 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested