Florida Passes 15,000 COVID-19 Deaths
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s looking a lot like the second wave is underway. Florida has recorded increasing COVID-19 infections over the past several days. The Florida Department of Health reports 3,296 new COVID-19 infections logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. The department logged 171 new COVID-19 deaths. Both numbers are recent highs.
The positivity rate in Florida is also seemingly on the rise, increasing from 4.11 to 4.57 percent in a day. While the long term positivity rate is what should be reviewed, the positivity rate has been in the 4s and 5s more than not over the past two weeks.
In Palm Beach County, 7 new COVID-19 deaths were recored on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 144 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is slightly better than the entire state number, but notably not moving out of the 3s and 4s. The positivity rate based Wednesday’s cases is 3.04-percent.
Total numbers: 1,416 deaths in Palm Beach County with 47,525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Statewide, 726,013 infections with 15,068 deaths.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire