DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Hitting anyone is a bad idea in general but hitting a police officer is, well, a really bad idea. That’s what Ann McGrane of Las Verdes Circle in Delray Beach learned when a Delray Beach Police officer trying encourage McGrane to calm down at Delray Medical Center says she hit him.
According to a police report, Delray Officer Christopher Trepasso observed “an intoxicated subject causing a disturbance with hospital security. I observed the subject, which I know to be Ann McGrane, yelling at security and another patient. I urged McGrane to sit down and stop causing a problem while it was being determined if the hospital was allowing her to leave. McGrane was obviously impaired and kept causing a disturbance. McGrane got very close to me and raised a hand, as if to strike me. I advised McGrane to step back and that if she were to strike me, she would go to jail. Due to her aggressive behavior I assisted her back to her seat and she then struck me in the chest.”
McGrane was charged with battery on an officer as well as disorderly intoxication. She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail just before 1:30 Friday morning and remained behind bars as of 10:30 a.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach