No Florida Infection, Death Report Saturday. Health Officials Say Lab Sent 400,000 Previously Reported Tests To State.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Florida Department of Health Verbatim) — Today’s daily COVID-19 reports will be delayed until tomorrow.
Last night (Friday), the Department of Health received approximately 400,000 previously-reported COVID-19 test results from Helix Laboratory – a private lab that is not affiliated with the state of Florida.
The massive size of the data file and the need to de-duplicate hundreds of thousands of results prevented the Department of Health’s automatic reporting system from processing yesterday’s results as it normally does.
State epidemiologists are currently working to reconcile the data, which will take a day to finish. Therefore, the daily report will resume tomorrow.
Importantly, this reporting issue is not related to notifying individuals of their results. Notification is performed by the lab or entity that offered the test.
The Department remains committed to providing Floridians with the most accurate, up-to-date COVID-19 testing and surveillance information available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested