BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Get ready to go nowhere fast if you are planning to drive on I-95 southbound Sunday night and Monday night (October 11th and 12th). The Florida Department of Transportation is warning of an I-95 southbound closure at Palmetto Park Road both nights from 9:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. as the highway is paved.
Here’s the official announcement:
“I-95 southbound lanes at Palmetto Park Road will be closed to traffic overnight, Sunday night October 11th and Monday night, October 12th for asphalt overbuild placement operations. The first lane will close at 9:30 p.m., the second lane will close at 10:30 p.m all lanes will be closed by 11:30 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m.
Traffic will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Palmetto Park Road, Military Trail and Hillsboro Boulevard. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.”
Florida’s Turnpike should be smooth sailing overnight and is the best bet if you are heading south towards Fort Lauderdale. Exit at 595 and head east to return to I-95.
The latest traffic information, complete with traffic cameras, is available at FL511.com.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed