BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Get ready to go nowhere fast if you are planning to drive on I-95 southbound Sunday night and Monday night (October 11th and 12th). The Florida Department of Transportation is warning of an I-95 southbound closure at Palmetto Park Road both nights from 9:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. as the highway is paved.
Here’s the official announcement:
“I-95 southbound lanes at Palmetto Park Road will be closed to traffic overnight, Sunday night October 11th and Monday night, October 12th for asphalt overbuild placement operations. The first lane will close at 9:30 p.m., the second lane will close at 10:30 p.m all lanes will be closed by 11:30 p.m., reopening by 5:30 a.m.
Traffic will be detoured via the I-95 southbound exit ramp to Palmetto Park Road, Military Trail and Hillsboro Boulevard. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.”
Florida’s Turnpike should be smooth sailing overnight and is the best bet if you are heading south towards Fort Lauderdale. Exit at 595 and head east to return to I-95.
The latest traffic information, complete with traffic cameras, is available at FL511.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages