Lab Reporting Issue Leads To Double Report On Sunday, No Report On Saturday
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A day after the Florida Department of Health withheld its daily report due to a lab double-reporting numbers, the state released a “double” report on Sunday with two days of information. We are breaking down the numbers into manageable data.
Based on the “double” report, Florida added 1,790 new COVID-19 cases for Friday and 3,700 new COVID-19 cases for Saturday. That averages to 2,745 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Florida each day.
Deaths rose to 15,365 from 15,186 in the previous report. That’s a net gain of 179 new COVID-19 deaths, or an average of 89.5 deaths on Friday and Saturday. The positivity rate for the two days of October 9th and October 10th is an average of 4.24-percent.
In Palm Beach County, the two day positivity rate average is 5.75 percent, but we caution reading too much into that due to the data issue. Palm Beach County averaged 158.5 new COVID-19 cases each day on Friday and Saturday. Deaths increased from 1416 to 1446, for a net gain of 30 new deaths over two days, or an average of 15 deaths each day.
We expect regular numbers to return on Monday.
There are now a total of 15,364 COVID-19 deaths in Florida with 1,446 in Palm Beach County. At least 47,955 people are infected in Palm Beach County with 734,491 infections statewide.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday