Numbers Rising As COVID-Infected President Trump Holds Florida Rally. Department of Health Removes Daily Death Count From Report As Election Nears.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As a COVID-infected President Trump prepared for a Florida rally Monday, the Florida Department of Health added 1,592 confirmed COVID-19 cases to the books, with 47 new COVID-19 deaths.
The positivity rate for Florida, based on the DOH, rose from 3.44-percent to 4.28-percent based on the report which is based on tests and deaths logged Sunday through 11:59 p.m.
In Palm Beach County, 56 new cases were added Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 3 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate dropped to a two-week low of 1.95-percent. The pediatric positivity rate, however, remained high at 12.7-percent. The Florida Department of Health uses the “pediatric” designation for anyone 18 or under.
There are now a total of 48,004 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,449 deaths. Statewide, 736,024 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 15,412 have died.
We note that just weeks from the election, the Florida Department of Health has removed the daily death count from its list of statistics. The number is determined by subtracting the previous day’s death count from the current death count.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT