Numbers Rising As COVID-Infected President Trump Holds Florida Rally. Department of Health Removes Daily Death Count From Report As Election Nears.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As a COVID-infected President Trump prepared for a Florida rally Monday, the Florida Department of Health added 1,592 confirmed COVID-19 cases to the books, with 47 new COVID-19 deaths.
The positivity rate for Florida, based on the DOH, rose from 3.44-percent to 4.28-percent based on the report which is based on tests and deaths logged Sunday through 11:59 p.m.
In Palm Beach County, 56 new cases were added Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 3 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate dropped to a two-week low of 1.95-percent. The pediatric positivity rate, however, remained high at 12.7-percent. The Florida Department of Health uses the “pediatric” designation for anyone 18 or under.
There are now a total of 48,004 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,449 deaths. Statewide, 736,024 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 15,412 have died.
We note that just weeks from the election, the Florida Department of Health has removed the daily death count from its list of statistics. The number is determined by subtracting the previous day’s death count from the current death count.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton