BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection and death numbers continue to climb in Florida and Palm Beach County. Statewide, Florida added 2,709 new COVID-19 cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The statewide death count increased by 119, according to the Florida Department of Health. The positivity rate statewide rose from 4.25 percent to 4.99 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 137 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. with 12 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County made a significant jump — it was 1.95 percent on Sunday, but Monday’s tests revealed a positivity rate of 4.16 percent.
Total numbers: in Palm Beach County, at least 1,461 people have died. At least 48,176 in Palm Beach County have tested positive for COVID-19.
Statewide: at least 15,531 people have died from COVID-19. At least 738,749 have tested positive.
We note: The Florida Department of Health continues to omit the daily “death” count from its report — a statistic that it has included since reporting began. Death counts are now calculated by subtracting yesterday’s total death number from today’s total death number. There is no explanation from the DOH as to why the death number has been removed just a few weeks before election day.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach