BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection and death numbers continue to climb in Florida and Palm Beach County. Statewide, Florida added 2,709 new COVID-19 cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The statewide death count increased by 119, according to the Florida Department of Health. The positivity rate statewide rose from 4.25 percent to 4.99 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 137 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Monday through 11:59 p.m. with 12 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County made a significant jump — it was 1.95 percent on Sunday, but Monday’s tests revealed a positivity rate of 4.16 percent.
Total numbers: in Palm Beach County, at least 1,461 people have died. At least 48,176 in Palm Beach County have tested positive for COVID-19.
Statewide: at least 15,531 people have died from COVID-19. At least 738,749 have tested positive.
We note: The Florida Department of Health continues to omit the daily “death” count from its report — a statistic that it has included since reporting began. Death counts are now calculated by subtracting yesterday’s total death number from today’s total death number. There is no explanation from the DOH as to why the death number has been removed just a few weeks before election day.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks