BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are currently 116 people in Palm Beach County hospitalized “with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Agency for Healthcare Administration. The number, while not at peak levels, is growing, despite daily reports that the positivity rate in Palm Beach County is dropping.
Hospital ICU’s, however, are at acceptable levels, according to the State of Florida, with 35.14 percent of the area’s ICU beds available early Tuesday. Health officials say they become concerned when that number drops below 25 percent. Here’s the latest by hospital:
Bethesda West: 8 ICU beds in use, 2 available.
Kindred Health: 5 ICU beds in use, 5 available.
Good Samaritan: 21 ICU beds in use, 2 available.
Wellington: 19 ICU beds in use, 9 available.
West Boca Medical Center: 22 ICU beds in use, NO BEDS available.
Palms West: 10 ICU beds in use, 8 available.
Delray Medical Center: 36 ICU beds in use, 10 available.
Jupiter Medical Center: 20 ICU beds in use, 11 available.
JFK Medical Center North: 9 ICU beds in use, 1 available.
Boca Raton Medical Center: 17 ICU beds in use, 23 available.
JFK Medical Center: 35 ICU beds in use, 35 available.
St. Marys: 21 ICU beds in use, 5 available.
Bethesda East: 15 ICU beds in use, 24 available.
We stress that hospital counts fluctuate minute to minute. The State of Florida does not report how many ICU beds are in use specifically for COVID-19 patients. The state only provides data on COVID-19 patients admitted for in-patient.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care