DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Brent Vomeigen is in the Palm Beach County Jail midday Wednesday, charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
The narrative from the police report tells the story. We have made grammatical corrections but no changes to the substance of the officer’s narrative:
“I was dispatched to the above address in reference to a civil matter with a weapon. Upon my arrival I made contact with a male, Brent Vomeigen, who stated that he and his roommate were in a verbal altercation. Vomeigen said that he asked his roommate to leave his room. When his roommate did not leave the room, Vomeigen stated that he grabbed his gun and pointed at this roommate because he (made a fist). Vomeigen admitted to having a full magazine in the gun but he did not have a bullet in the chamber.”
The report continues:
“I (then) made contact with the complainant (Male #2). “Male #2” said that he arrived home from work and tried to talk to his roommate (Vomeigen) about his girlfriend. “Male #2” said that he and Vomeigen started to argue about the situation, at the time of the argument he was in Vomeigen’s room. “Male #2” stated that while in the room he got into a fighting stance, at which time Vomeigen went to the kitchen and retrieved a knife. After retrieving the knife Vomeigen walked towards “Male #2″ and said that he had something better. Vomeigen then retrieved the gun and pointed the gun at Male #2’s head.” That’s when “Male #2” called the police.
Vomeigen, of the 5600 block of Atlantic Avenue, is being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman