DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach resident Brent Vomeigen is in the Palm Beach County Jail midday Wednesday, charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
The narrative from the police report tells the story. We have made grammatical corrections but no changes to the substance of the officer’s narrative:
“I was dispatched to the above address in reference to a civil matter with a weapon. Upon my arrival I made contact with a male, Brent Vomeigen, who stated that he and his roommate were in a verbal altercation. Vomeigen said that he asked his roommate to leave his room. When his roommate did not leave the room, Vomeigen stated that he grabbed his gun and pointed at this roommate because he (made a fist). Vomeigen admitted to having a full magazine in the gun but he did not have a bullet in the chamber.”
The report continues:
“I (then) made contact with the complainant (Male #2). “Male #2” said that he arrived home from work and tried to talk to his roommate (Vomeigen) about his girlfriend. “Male #2” said that he and Vomeigen started to argue about the situation, at the time of the argument he was in Vomeigen’s room. “Male #2” stated that while in the room he got into a fighting stance, at which time Vomeigen went to the kitchen and retrieved a knife. After retrieving the knife Vomeigen walked towards “Male #2″ and said that he had something better. Vomeigen then retrieved the gun and pointed the gun at Male #2’s head.” That’s when “Male #2” called the police.
Vomeigen, of the 5600 block of Atlantic Avenue, is being held without bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases