Death Count Continues To Rise, Infections Showing Steady Climb, Positivity Rate Rises In Florida and Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “bad fall” may be here. Florida reported its third day of COVID-19 infection gains, with 2,869 new cases being logged Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. The Florida Department of Health also added 64 COVID-19 deaths to the state total. The positivity rate in in Florida continued its steady march upward — it’s now 5.42 percent. The positivity rate was 3.43 percent four days ago.
In Palm Beach County, 161 new COVID-19 cases were logged with 4 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity ration Palm Beach County also rose — it’s now 4.48 percent. The positivity rate was just 1.88 percent three days ago, and spent several days in the 2’s.
The total Palm Beach County death count is now 1,465 with 48,337 COVID-19 infections. In all for Florida, the total death count is now 15,595 with 741,632 COVID-19 infections.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is holding at 12.6 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 years of age and under.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN