Death Count Continues To Rise, Infections Showing Steady Climb, Positivity Rate Rises In Florida and Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The “bad fall” may be here. Florida reported its third day of COVID-19 infection gains, with 2,869 new cases being logged Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. The Florida Department of Health also added 64 COVID-19 deaths to the state total. The positivity rate in in Florida continued its steady march upward — it’s now 5.42 percent. The positivity rate was 3.43 percent four days ago.
In Palm Beach County, 161 new COVID-19 cases were logged with 4 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity ration Palm Beach County also rose — it’s now 4.48 percent. The positivity rate was just 1.88 percent three days ago, and spent several days in the 2’s.
The total Palm Beach County death count is now 1,465 with 48,337 COVID-19 infections. In all for Florida, the total death count is now 15,595 with 741,632 COVID-19 infections.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is holding at 12.6 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 years of age and under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges