Benny Is An African Senegal Parrot. He Was Stolen.
UPDATE: 2:10 p.m. Thursday, October 15, 2020: Benny was found just a short distance from his home. He is fine. The investigation continues.
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is on the lookout for a bird named Benny.
Benny is an African Senegal Parrot who was apparently stolen from his cage in the 1100 Block of Hatteras Circle in Greenacres. As birds have wings and can fly, we are reporting this to our South Palm Beach County readers in case Benny escaped to Boca Raton, Delray Beach or Boynton Beach.
Benny is green and orange, appears to have a fuzzy belly, and possibly answers to the name “Benny.”
Benny is 21 years old. The alleged theft took place on October 12 around 3 a.m. Police say suspect entered the backyard of the residence and took the parrot out of his cage.
We’re not kidding when we write the following provided to us by police: “Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Benny is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge