Infections, Deaths Continue To Climb In Florida, Palm Beach County, Although Positivity Rate Remains Moderate
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The badness continues in Florida. COVID-19 infections increased by 3,330 statewide on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. as another 141 new deaths were added to the books. That brings Florida’s total to 15,736 COVID-19 deaths. The infection count is now 744,988. The positivity rate remains above 5-percent, coming in at 5.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 158 new COVID-19 cases were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 7 new COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1,472 deaths with 48,496 COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit to 3.76-percent from Tuesday’s 4.51-percent.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, remains high — it’s 12.5-percent. The DOH defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach