Infections, Deaths Continue To Climb In Florida, Palm Beach County, Although Positivity Rate Remains Moderate
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The badness continues in Florida. COVID-19 infections increased by 3,330 statewide on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. as another 141 new deaths were added to the books. That brings Florida’s total to 15,736 COVID-19 deaths. The infection count is now 744,988. The positivity rate remains above 5-percent, coming in at 5.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 158 new COVID-19 cases were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 7 new COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1,472 deaths with 48,496 COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit to 3.76-percent from Tuesday’s 4.51-percent.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, remains high — it’s 12.5-percent. The DOH defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or younger.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton