Infections, Deaths Continue To Climb In Florida, Palm Beach County, Although Positivity Rate Remains Moderate
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The badness continues in Florida. COVID-19 infections increased by 3,330 statewide on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. as another 141 new deaths were added to the books. That brings Florida’s total to 15,736 COVID-19 deaths. The infection count is now 744,988. The positivity rate remains above 5-percent, coming in at 5.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 158 new COVID-19 cases were logged Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. with 7 new COVID-19 deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 1,472 deaths with 48,496 COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County pulled back just a bit to 3.76-percent from Tuesday’s 4.51-percent.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate, according to the Florida Department of Health, remains high — it’s 12.5-percent. The DOH defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint